Monday, August 23, 2004

Orlando

Friends often ask me, "YelloCello, if you were classic work of literature, which one would it be?" Funny they should ask...

orlando
Virginia Woolf: Orlando. You are a challenge, for
outer events, the outside world, the time etc.
play no importance to you. Your focus is in
writing, in gender issues, and inside your own
head. Self-analysis and exploration of yourself
as well as the outer world hold great
importance to you.


Which literature classic are you?
by Quizilla

Hmmm, isn't the above a little contradicted? ("The outside world means nothing to you. No, wait! The outer world holds great importance to you.") Gee, and Quizilla is typically such a precise tool. No matter. I like the choice of book.

For the record, I also really like Tilda Swinton. Yet I've never seen the film version of Orlando (1992) in which she stars. Putting that on the Netflix queue now.

(Update: Alas, Netflix only has the Orlando by "Virginia Wolf.")

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger New Kid on the Hallway said...

Hi M - I actually wanted to comment on your "Proof" post - wow! I am thankful for you...pretty amazing. (The comments link on that post appears not to be working, for some reason.)

I got Orlando too. Then I tweaked and got Dorian Gray. The Tilda Swinton version of Orlando's pretty good.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger YelloCello said...

Thanks for alerting me to the comments glitch, New Kid. And yeah, I was just sick when I saw the glow of that burner the other night. But not as sick as I could have been. Am thanking benevolent powers AND the trooper frying pan.

Glad to know that Orlando is worth a rent, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home