Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Way Off

My last post, essentially a laundry list of things I wanted to accomplish on Sunday, ended with the phrase "And she's off!" Boy, was I. In calculating how long it would take me to finish all the tasks, I was WAY off, in fact. Here it is Tuesday night, and I still have three more Sunday tasks to go. Oops.

I am forever running ten minutes to two days behind my good intentions. Call it Standard Cello Time. Yep, that's where I live.

I have to admit that it's been helpful and motivating to cross tasks off a posted to-do list. I don't know what this says about me (maybe that I respond well to shame?), but I got way more satisfaction from striking out items on-line than from scratching them out in my little notebook. That said, I promise not to become a chronic list-exhibitionist.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger What Now? said...

I always have an official "to do list" file on my desktop, but the advantage/disadvantage of doing this on Microsoft Word on my computer rather than on a public blog is that I can simply shift the undone Sunday items to the next day...and the next day...and the next day if needed. No public shame for not getting things done. But, on the other hand, no public shame for not getting things done...and maybe things don't get done as quickly.

It's weird how gripping I find other folks' lists; somehow it makes other folks very "real," if you know what I mean; I can actually tell more about what their day looks like, and I find that both reassuring and interesting.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Mel said...

yeah, there is something oddly comforting to see other people's lists -- they do laundry too -- or don't do it, as the case may be...

I've never yet finished a whole to-do list on the day I make it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home