Sunday, July 03, 2005

Three stripes and I'm...?

Moving to a new city not only rearranges one's sense of place, it may cause one to lose all sense of time. What happened to June? It evaporated somewhere back there in a frenzy of tape and cardboard boxes.

Certain things I can recall: Dinners with new colleagues. My parents' lovely visit. The concert we attended with a pair of new friends. Having briefly absented myself during the concert when I grew woozy and started seeing spots.

Certain things I can't remember at all. Like the exact date of my "LMP" in May. After a year of trying to get pregnant amid haywire cycles, I'd lately stopped paying attention.

But then my body started having funny symptoms. So I dug out the last pregnancy test... which showed itself confident blue.

I've since taken two more tests.

Blue.

Blue.

God, I'll be so grateful if this is real.

9 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! (Assuming it is indeed real.) Now I understand some of your concerns about mother=pod person in some of your previous posts. Just the fact that you're worrying about it means that it won't happen.

Anyway, congratulations again!

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I was so excited for you that I got my own pseudonym wrong! (Duh...)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger meg said...

Hey, that's fabulous. What NewK said about pod-personality -- if you're worrying about it, you won't go poddy.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger What Now? said...

I assume that blue is positive? If so, congratulations indeed!! Is a doctor's visit in the offing to make sure that this is, in fact, for real? Keep us updated. How exciting!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger timna said...

sounds good. looking forward to hearing updates.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Anitsirc said...

Wow! Congrats--and looking forward to updates.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Kyla said...

OMG so exciting!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger kp said...

good luck!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Evie P. said...

Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home