Monday, October 25, 2004

Day 2

Another glamorous day in academe:

Baked brownies. Baked 6 batches of cookies. Baked my first-ever homemade cheese cake. (Delicious, if I do say so myself.) Graded some papers. Taught two classes. And spent the next seven hours with two sets of freshmen. At my house.

By ten p.m., every dish in the house was dirty. Every remaining crumb of dinner and desserts had been boxed up and and sent back to the dorms. And the dining room table was piled high with pumpkin innards.

Many a jack-o-lantern was born in this house tonight. Other types pumpkin art, too. (Meanwhile, in the kitchen, the seeds are everywhere, everywhere under foot. We'll be finding them until Christmas.)

These students are not my regular students. The students said, "Thank you! Thank you! Good-bye!" And tonight I felt happy for having fed something beautiful.

4 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Wow! That sounds like a pretty darn cool day. How hard is it to make cheesecake? I'm intimidated but would like to try.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger bitchphd said...

That sounds like a FANTASTIC day. I haven't made cheesecake in ages....

It's not that hard, btw, profgrrrrl.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Cheeky Prof said...

Making a cheesecake is well worth the trouble. And no, it really isn't that hard. :) All this discussion is making me want to make pumpkin cheesecake. Mmmmmmm...

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger YelloCello said...

Prof. B and Cheeky Prof are right -- the recipe for cheesecake was surprisingly simple. I'll post the one I used, which was just for a plain vanilla cheesecake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home