Friday, November 05, 2004

Laugh

...even if it's only to keep from crying.

Tom Tomorrow cartoon archive.
(I found this one especially apt.)

Felber prognosticates: "Bush to Run for Third Term, Slams Democrat Jesus"
(Some of the comments are actually funnier than Felber's post.)

And there's always The Onion:
(Maybe one day I'll take my students to the Museum of the Middle Class.)

Since we don't have cable, I can only experience Jon Stewart vicariously. But I did have a great big laugh at the freak show Alan Keyes, who was rightly trounced by Barack Obama on Tuesday night. Keyes has conceded that Obama won the U.S. senate seat, but he is refusing to telephone any congratulations. Why? Because, according to Keyes, Obama "represents a culture evil enough to destroy the very soul and heart of my country." God help us. Or maybe we should ask God to help Alan Keyes.

Keep Loving

(Woodcut by Dalia Sapon Shevin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home