Monday, August 08, 2005

Techno Hello (+Update)

I heard the baby's heartbeat today. It was strong and quick, and grooving to a techno beat.

The midwife also assured me that I had a "nice big pelvis." Funny how, in this context, that sounded like the best ever compliment.

Update: We had an ultrasound on Aug. 9, just to get a better idea of how "old" this kid might be. (Because of our early summer move and a lost pregnancy in April, I have no good recollection of the date of my LMP.) It's so early in the game, so I didn't think we'd see much of anything. Then, suprise! — there was our kid, swimming and kicking around! Then it (he/she?) slowed its movements for a long moment and pulled its left arm up by its little head. Obviously, it couldn't see Adam or me, staring in awe. But, on the ultrasound screen, it really looked as if the baby were waving and saying: "Hello, out there!"

Oh, and it turns out that we're at almost 11 weeks, 5 days, rather than the 10 weeks that I had figured. So the due date has been bumped up to the third week of February.

5 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so exciting!
I lived for the monthly *whoop-whoop* when I was pregnant.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful thing to experience! Best wishes to you and yours. :)

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger What Now? said...

How wonderful!

And I want to say something along the lines of "congrats on the big pelvis," but there's just no good way to say that, is there? :-)

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Context is everything, isn't it?

I well remember how exciting -- and what a relief -- it is to hear that heartbeat. I am so happy for you.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on heartbeat happiness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home