Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Home, Less

When Jane learned we were putting the house up for sale, she had one request: "Find us a friendly couple who like vegetables."

We did. Or maybe I should say that the house found them for itself.

Sale will soon be final. The very, very, very nice people who put in the bid have requested but one minor repair. No credits. No haggling. No worries about that crazy beam; they'll fix it themselves.

Adam can't believe we're so lucky. I agree, but secretly feel that such luck was due.

Sweet little house. I'm really going to miss you.

Meanwhile, my friend Eliza has offered to let me live at her place.

"Sure, I could live in your basement," I laugh.

"No! Upstairs," she says firmly. "Full citizenship."

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger What Now? said...

What good news! I've been worried that you haven't been getting your fair share of good luck lately, so I'm glad to hear that something has gone well. Maybe the tide is turning!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger What Now? said...

What good news! I've been worried that you haven't been getting your fair share of good luck lately, so I'm glad to hear that something has gone well. Maybe the tide is turning!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

It's wonderful that the process seems to be going smoothly. It took us TWO YEARS to sell our last house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home