Sunday, March 13, 2005

Singular Sensation

So, it’s spring break, Adam’s on the road, and I’ve been assiduously avoiding the colleagues who are also my friends. Solitude is something I do well, or so I like to think. But it’s been a few years since I’ve lived alone, and so it’s funny to be reminded of what a nerd I can be when I have a whole house to myself.

Since Adam's departure last Thursday, I’ve been singing show tunes in the kitchen. A lot. I’ve been dancing in the kitchen, too, but that’s something I do even when Adam is around. What I don’t do when Adam is here is talk back so much to the radio, cry so much in front of sad movies, or babble to myself as I make tea. Last night I played a solo rhyming game that went on for a good ten minutes. At one point, I cracked myself up with my own wit, and then tried to explain the joke to the baffled cats.

And that’s when I realized that Adam had better come home soon.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger timna said...

I am really looking forward to the quiet space when my family travels this week. No cats even.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home