Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Food, Glorious Food

Three dill pickles.
1 slice of multi-grain bread with peanut butter.
1 bowl of cranberry-almond cereal with soy milk.
1 two-egg omelette with vegetarian sausage, smoked mozzarella, and fresh tomato.
Many, many grapes.
1 glass soy milk.
1 Luna bar.
2 slices of multi-grain bread with avacado.
1 1/2 bowls broccoli-tomato pasta salad.

All that delicious food, and I'm still hungry. Guess the pregnancy guidebooks were correct in calling this the month in which the "fetal appetite" becomes apparent.

I'm grateful for good food today. The Sept./Oct. issue of Orion has a great article by Mark Winne on "The Food Gap." (not online yet, or I would link it). Check it out—especially if you happen to have access to a CSA (community supported agriculture) farm.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger AAYOR said...

Such good choices! I guess you wont give in to the lure of Chocolate Lucky Charms no matter how loudly your baby screams for them....

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger diber said...

From the moment I got pregnant, I've been famished. And now nursing has kept up my appetite. (Tip: Pack snacks in your hospital bag. I was starving after labor. And the hospital food, when I could get it, was gross.)

Have fun eating! :-)

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger YelloCello said...

AAYOR -- chocolate in other forms has its allure... but, a few weeks back, what this kid really seemed to be screaming for was Dr Pepper. For some reason, I was craving that drink like mad.

And I like the snack advice. Thanks, Jeanette.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home