Monday, August 15, 2005

Passport

My new passport arrived today, bearing my ugliest passport photo yet. (And, let me assure you, that's saying A LOT!) Have discovered that the new passports contain three more pages of fine-print travel instructions. They're also much flimsier than the old versions. This has me nervous, because a friend's return to the States was delayed three weeks on account of a small, corner crease in his passport cover. (It got dinged up in the few months in which he had to carry it as a primary i.d., before he was able to get a U.S. driver's license.)

Also, I can't believe I'm supposed to have this passport until 2015. 2015! That's the same year that my high school class is supposed to dig up the "Class of '90" time capsule that I and other members of my student council interred on school grounds. And that's one more thing to worry about, as I have zero recollection as to where we might have buried the thing...

4 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger What Now? said...

You're in good company--I just got a new passport photo taken yesterday, and it is *hideous*! I look very, very old.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger timna said...

that reminds me I was going to see about redoing my son's passport after he signed his made-up screen game name. but we had no trouble using the passport, so I guess I forgot all about it.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger YelloCello said...

What Now -- we'll have to compare photos some day. I guarantee you that mine is more hideous than yours. I look like a blue-skinned alien on drugs. :-)

Timna -- I remember well the story about your son signing his screen name. Glad you didn't have any trouble!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to get passports for the whole family, although we don't have any immediate plans for traveling outside the U.S. It just seems likely that in this era of enhanced ID checking, we may be asked to have them even in the U.S.
As if driver's license pictures weren't bad enough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home