Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Report

This was Day 1 of the industrious and single-minded Cello.

It went okay. And I'm happier tonight.

I didn't get to the office by 8. I got there by 9. And a detailed log of my activities showed that I accomplished six, not eight, solid hours of work. I stayed in the office until 7, because I also fell asleep on my yoga mat for an hour and a half.

On the bright side, I did get some major traction on my project. And I know I can do an even better job of concentrating tomorrow.

(This will sound pathetic, but I'm going to concede that there's nothing I can do about the napping. I'll just have to extend my office time to accomodate it. I always develop narcolepsy when I write, and it's actually a useful tool for swiftly processing material. But some of this sleepiness is no doubt pregnancy-related.)

I really appreciate the comments on that last post, btw. Bitch Ph.D., What Now, and Timna: hearing from each of you was extremely encouraging and motivating and helped me press on through the afternoon. Of course, admitting as much reveals that I did break my own rules and checked email a couple of times...

Day 2 begins in 8 hours. I have to get to the office by 8 a.m. tomorrow if I'm to log enough hours to be satisfied. (Tomorrow's goal: Seven uber-productive hours.) I'll have to leave work early tomorrow, so we can stop by at a neighbor's Hanukah Party before racing off to our Wednesday night childbirth class.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, YelloCello!

FWIW, though, I have read people who say that it's only possible to write, consistently, daily, for 3, maybe 4 hours. Though I'm sure you're doing other things as well. I just wouldn't like to see you burn yourself out or get distressed over what you're not getting done when you're getting so much done! Anyway, here's wishing you a productive day!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger timna said...

how'd it go today? I'm trying to adapt your approach -- at least as far as the project that I really still do enjoy working on.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous allysa said...

I really liked the way you organised your blog. think you have put a lot of effort in maintaining this blog. keep up the good work.
relax holiday play

 

Post a Comment

<< Home