Monday, January 02, 2006

Giant New Year

At bedtime, I am literally embedded in my puffy, horseshoe-shaped pregnancy pillow. So Adam and I sleep with a wall of stuffing between us. After the alarm goes off, I sometimes drag the pregnancy pillow out of bed and then slip back under the covers for a few minutes of cuddling with A. Other times, A. gallantly throws an arm over the pillow wall to initiate a sort of long-distance hug. If I happen to be facing him, he'll put a hand on my belly to feel for baby kicks.

I wasn't sure whether I should laugh or cry this morning when a groggy Adam reached out to feel the baby. "Guess the kid's sleeping in today," he mumbled. "Cause I can't feel any movement right now. Can you?"

I didn't have the heart to tell Adam that his hand was not on my pregnant stomach, but on my sizable, pregnant ass.

5 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Hee. That's funny. :)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger What Now? said...

Thanks for a chuckle this morning! Very funny indeed (at least for those of us whose ass is not the one in question).

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I'm laughing. That's a great story.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee. :-)

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Leslie M-B said...

Thanks for the giggle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home