Friday, January 27, 2006

Not sure if this means anything...

... but, according to the midwife, I'm fifty percent effaced. "Do you feel as if you have a baseball sitting on your bladder?" she wanted to know. Actually, yes. Yes, I do.

Cervix is only about a centimeter, though. And I completely forgot to ask anything about the baby's station in the uterus. Guess I was too shocked by the midwife's shock at how very low he is. "I'm touching his head," she said.

Midwife is wise, and necessarily circumspect. In her musings after the exam, she was a confounding oracle: "All can I predict for certain is that your baby will get here sometime in the next six weeks. [Six?!] If he wanted to come this week [week 36], we wouldn't stop him. But it would be extra nice if he could wait just one more week before making his appearance. One day soon, you won't make it to your weekly appointment, because you'll have delivered."

Must...resist...urge...to think birth is imminent. All my mom's pregnancies went slightly late. And, if this kid is anything like me—and, to a lesser extent, like Adam—he's bound to be a major procrastinator.

Either way, I'd best get this body off to work.

6 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous What Now? said...

Goodness, I'd last track of time and hadn't realized how relatively soon all of this birthing business might happen!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger ArticulateDad said...

With #1, we were on the edge, expecting the imminent any day for about FOUR WEEKS! My wife was induced ten days past due because of low fluids. (He was, by the way 8 lbs. 11 oz.). #2 arrived 10 days early (same cause) at 8 lbs. even.

I think a bit of their personalities can be read in that. #1 has always been cautious, for instance on the verge of walking for about 3 months, before his first unaided step. #2 started walking at 10 mos.

I'm excited for you. Just enjoy it as it comes, and don't expect to be on top of anything!

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger trillwing said...

I'm so excited for you!

I, too, was given a six-week window at 36 weeks. That just isn't very nice of them, is it?

Don't count on the little dude being late. My mom delivered after her due dates, but my little guy showed up two days early--sense of humor intact--on Labor Day.

Are you sleeping lots? Enjoy it while you can!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Jeannette said...

Well, it was nice for her to give such a wide window. I've had friends who's dr said "any day" and it was weeks. :-)

I dropped at about 32 weeks and gave birth at 36, and my mom was always right around the due date. But then, other factors might have influenced: like moving across the country at 34 wks.

Hang in there! You're on the final stretch!!! (no pun intended)

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

好秘书 中国呼吸网 肿瘤网 中国皮肤网 癌症康复网 工作总结 肺癌 肝癌 胃癌 肾癌 食道癌 直肠癌 结肠癌 胰腺癌 卵巢癌 宫颈癌 乳腺癌 子宫癌 皮肤癌 鼻咽癌 贲门癌 白血病 骨癌 膀胱癌 前列腺癌 甲状腺癌 脑瘤 尿道癌 舌癌 喉癌 牙癌 胆囊癌 胆管癌 外阴癌 阴茎癌 葡萄胎 淋巴瘤 口腔癌 扁桃体癌 睾丸肿瘤 绒毛膜癌 黑色素瘤 癌症 肿瘤 感冒 支气管炎 气管炎 哮喘 肺癌 肺炎 肺结核 打鼾 鼻炎 咳嗽 咽炎 肺心病 肺气肿 鼻窦炎 鼻息肉 扁桃体炎 喉炎 支气管扩张 肺水肿 肺脓肿 肺不张 尘肺病 肺栓塞 鼻咽癌 鼻窦炎 呼吸衰竭 呼吸道感染 呼吸困难 口咽癌 咽部异物 喉癌 喉麻痹 喉头水肿 新生儿窒息 胸腔积液 气胸 胸膜炎 鼻疖 咯血 胸膜癌 急性会厌炎 禽流感 麻疹 风疹 猩红热 百日咳 呼吸机 氧气机 个人工作总结 半年工作总结 年终工作总结 述职报告 秘书

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Giri Mani 2 said...

Thank you for sharing like this information. This is the most easy way of learning. This helps me to get some idea regarding this and helps me to bring a creative thought.
Java Training in Chennai

 

Post a Comment

<< Home