Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Got. The. Job.

Hired! My interviewer just called to make the offer. If our conversation just now was any indication, she is going to be a darling person for/with whom to work. I am so pleased. I'm also kind of proud — of me and of the university that hired me — for having landed this gig while so obviously preggers.

My boss-to-be was more than accommodating re: my necessary maternity leave. She also indicated that the post could eventually go full-time, if I wanted it to. And she suggested that we tweak the job title a bit to signal that I'm still active in academia. I sign an official contract in a couple of days, after we've worked out the final details.

Thanks again for all the helpful advice so many of you sent my way. Your words and insights really made the difference.

And now I must get back to that writing sample, which is due all too soon. Eep!

14 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger What Now? said...

Hip, hip, hurrah! YC, I'm so excited for you; what wonderful news! I'm sending a virtual bottle of champagne your way (it's okay to drink virtual champagne when you're pregnant).

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

yay! congratulations :)

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you and so happy for you. This is wonderful. :) Celebrate!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Nels P. Highberg said...

You go!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Hooray!

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news! Congratulations!

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congratulations! (to both you and the university, for having the sense to hire you...)

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cello!!! That ROCKS!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. You are so going to post a pic of your darling when he is born, aren't you?

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Leslie M-B said...

Congratulations on not only finding a job, but also one so suited to your current situation! I'm so happy for you.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger JM said...

congrats!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Tara Kuther said...

Yay! Congrats

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger effective nancy said...

Congratulations! I'm glad it's worked out to your liking, and tweaking the title is an excellent welcome gift.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Terminal Degree said...

Congratulations! They are lucky to get you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home