Sunday, January 29, 2006

What does it mean...

... when you feel suddenly mute before your keyboard?

It's like approaching a piano with a melody in mind and then having to acknowledge that these fingers can't get it to play.

It's like my dreams last night, in which I was working on an unlikely gamble. In which I was tacking together screen doors and replacing the paper towels in a building destined to sink into the mud.

The strange subtext of that last dream was the strangers' universal relief that I was there to save the day. I alternately despaired their passivity and cursed my proclivity for lost causes.

What does it mean that my subconscious seems to have changed frequencies? to have lost a channel of anxious chatter to a dense and probing silence?

And what to make of these uncharacteristic, self-aggrandizing visions of myself as a mensch mistaken for a hero?

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert is a Sex Offender People! WAKE UP! Robert is FRAUD on our Social Security fund. He lives in the San Fernando Valley or Glendale with friends and or family House Of Champions Inc 17228 Saticoy St ROBERT ... 3 min, roberttarpinianmusicyahoo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home